Michael J. Stuart, M.D.
Physician - Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Rochester, MN
Background and expertise
- Co-Director, Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine
- Chair, Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopedics
- Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Chief Medical and Safety Officer, USA Hockey Olympic, World Cup, and National Teams
- Medical Committee and Medical Supervisor, International Ice Hockey Federation
- Consultant, National Hockey League Players Association
- USA Hockey Men’s Olympic Team Physician
- Expert in knee surgery, including ligament reconstruction, articular cartilage restoration, meniscus repair and transplantation, patellar stabilization, unicompartmental and total knee arthroplasty Examples of research interests include knee-related surgeries, ice hockey injuries, epidemiology of sports injury, concussion prevention, diagnosis and treatment.